The Bunche Brigade is a volunteer group of students who are interested in all things global. Our student group is a reflection of the interests of the Bunche Center–increasing study abroad participation, promoting cross-cultural dialogue, empowering socially conscious global citizens, and preparing students for careers in international leadership and service.
Join the Team
- The joy of being involved in the AMAZING Bunche Center activities!
- The opportunity to design your own events and create social media content
- Obtain hands-on leadership opportunities by joining a committee
- Engage the Howard campus through globally-focused programming and partnerships
- Inspire fellow students with your experience abroad and get them excited about what awaits them!
- Be the first to know about international opportunities (scholarships, fellowships, jobs, internships, etc.) before the rest of campus.
- Be committed to promoting and volunteering with Bunche Center events and activities
- Be willing to spend time at the Bunche Center on a weekly or monthly basis
- Join the GroupMe (linked to the form)
- Depending on your committee, you must be available to participate in Bunche Center activities like new student orientation, Accepted Students Day, admissions open houses, study abroad fairs on campus, and other RBC events.
- Events and Outreach: Organize globally-focused programs and initiatives for the Howard campus and DC community, along with team-building activities for the Bunche Brigade.
- Info Specialists: Open to all students, regardless of study abroad experience. These members are trained in study abroad offerings and share them at informational sessions and events
- Ambassadors: Students with study abroad experience who volunteer to share with their peers, either through 1-1 contact or informational events
- Content Creators: Create social media graphics, videos, and other relevant content to promote the Bunche Center, Bunche Brigade, related topics and activities
Current Open Leadership Positions:
- Deputy Chair, Content Creation Committee: Works with the Chair to organize members of the committee to create content promoting the Bunche Center, study abroad, international affairs and other globally-focused content. The Deputy Chair takes notes during meetings and presides over meetings when the Chair is unavailable. Both the Chair and Deputy Chair report to the Program Assistant at the Bunche Center.
- Deputy Chair, Information Specialists Committee: Works with the Chair to organize the committee to complete their trainings, discuss study abroad at the Bunche Center, volunteer at study abroad information sessions and events. The Deputy Chair takes notes at meetings and presides over meetings when the Chair is unavailable. Both the Chair and Deputy Chair report to the Study Abroad Manager at the Bunche Center.
- Deputy Chair, Events and Outreach Committee: Works with the Chair to organize the committee to support Bunche Center programs and initiatives, while providing team-building activities for all Bunche Brigade members. Members can also contribute their own ideas as part of Bunche Center programs. The Deputy chair takes notes during meetings and presides over meetings when the Chair is unavailable. Both the Chair and Deputy Chair report to the Program Assistant at the Bunche Center.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do you have to have studied abroad to join?
NO! Anyone who has an interest in the globalization of Howard University campus is welcome to join.
Do I have to join a committee?
Students are welcome to attend Bunche Brigade events regardless of committee membership. However, to be considered a member, you must join a committee. If you are unsure about which committee to join, indicate this when you sign-up or stop by our center with questions!