$1,500 HBCU Scholarship, $500 Airfare reimbursement!

Summer Scholarships range from $500 to $1500 and students must apply, as it is not automatic like with the semester grant.

Additional Financial Resources

Certificates for Teaching English Abroad:

  • TEFL => Teaching English as a Foreign Language
  • TESOL => Teaching English as a Second Language
  • CELTA => Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (Cambridge)
  • Delta => Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

Useful Travel Videos:

Best Places to Teach English

Should I get a CELTA certificate?

Black Folks Don’t Travel

Why Are Black People in Japan So Weird?

Three reasons why I teach English Abroad

Being Black in Thailand " My Experience"

Site and Articles:

  • Dear Harriet Article- Lessons I’ve Learned as a Black Woman World Traveler
  • Study Abroad Isn’t Just for White Students