Requirements to Complete the Study Abroad Application
Summer & Fall Deadline: March 16, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Study Abroad through the RBC adheres to all Howard University policies. HU policy requires all students to return to their place of residence in the event of an overseas emergency during the course of the study abroad semester.
NEED STUDY ABROAD ADVISING? CLICK HERE
Submission of the Study Abroad Application Requires:
- Selection of ONE program for participation
- Initiation of ONE program application via the provider’s website
- Acquisition of FIVE or more HU faculty signatures for overseas courses (semester study) or one or more for summer study abroad (optional)
- Confirmation of a valid Passport or submission of passport application
- Completion of the Liability Release Form
Within the application, you will be asked to upload PDF copies of:
- The Study Abroad Course Approval Form (Available HERE) Course Approvals are optional for Summer IF completing an internship abroad OR only taking classes for enrichment. In order for a class to receive credit, it must be approved. Courses taken in Oaxaca and LaRochelle have been pre-approved by the Department and do not require the Course Approval Form.
- A copy of the photo page of a valid passport or proof of application submission
- The Study Abroad Estimated Cost of Attendance Form (Available HERE) Not required for Summer Study Abroad.
- A Personal Statement